What do we want the law to do? What is our intention?
Findings and Declarations
Purpose and Intents
New Rights Appointed
Old Laws Repealed
- Who is in charge of the industry?
- What are fair personal amounts of cannabis for possession?
- What are fair personal amounts of cannabis for cultivation?
- What are fair personal amounts of cannabis processed goods, (e.g. edibles, tinctures, etc.)?
- How do we protect medical patients’ rights?
- How do we protect parents’ rights and ensure child safety?
- Who oversees commercial cannabis production?
- Who oversees medical cannabis production?
- What regulations can be imposed by local jurisdictions?
- How do we regulate edibles?
- How do we regulate concentrates?
Taxes and Fees
- What types of businesses need to be licensed?
- Who is eligible to license a business?
- How many licenses should there be?
- Who is responsible for licensing?
- What does the application process look like?
- What types of licensing fees should businesses pay?
- Should licensing be based off of size of the business?
- How long do licenses last?
- What Best Practices should be necessary?
- Operational Standards
- Lab testing
- Safety and Security
- Non-Diversion Protocols
- Who oversees commercial operations?
- How are they punished for regulatory violations?
- What are their rights and appeals process?
- What should the law do to address industrial hemp issues?
Imposition of Commercial Taxes
Previous Cannabis Initiative Efforts in California
Current Legalization Laws in Other States and Jurisdictions
Proposed Language in other States for 2016